Los Vecinos Del Campo Espadin Mezcal
Los Vecinos Del Campo honors centuries old distilling traditions of Oaxaca and the people whose families have produced these rich spirits for generations. After growing & maturing for 7- 20 years, the local grown agave is harvested by hand. The agave hearts are then slow-roasted underground for 4-7 days to develop the sultry, smoky-sweet flavor profile. After roasting, the piñas are crushed using a stone molino, then naturally fermented in a wooden vat for 7-15 days- depending on time of year. These artisanal mezcals are then double distilled using copper pot stills. The end products are sophisticated yet wild mezcals of the highest quality that taste of the generations of expertise behind them.
In partnership with Carmen Villarreal and Casa San Matias, Los Vecinos works to promote sustainability and support to the people and communities who create these exquisite mezcals. Los Vecinos Del Campo translates to “Neighbors of the Field” and in the tiny villages of Oaxaca, Mexico where these artisanal mezcals are created, neighbors are family.
It’s all spice up front in the mouth, quickly moving to roasted tropical fruits, tender young ginger, and green bell peppers.
- 2020 International Spirits Challenge – Gold
- 2019 San Francisco World Spirits Competition – Double Gold
- 2019 New York World Wine and Spirits Competition – Double Gold
- 2019 New York World Wine and Spirits Competition – Best Mezcal 2019
- New York World Wine and Spirits Competition – Best in Show, Unaged White Spirit
- 2018 Ultimate Spirits Challenge – 94/100 points, Excellent-Highly Recommended, Great Value Award, Finalist