Krug Grande Cuvée 168th Edition
Krug Grande Cuvée is born from the dream of one man, Joseph Krug, to craft the very best Champagne he could offer, every single year, regardless of annual variations in climate. Since 1843, the House of Krug has honoured this vision with each new Édition of Krug Grande Cuvée: the most generous expression of Champagne.
Krug Grande Cuvée is re-created every year, beyond the notion of vintage and is a blend of over 120 individual wines from more than 10 different years. The fullness or flavours and aromas achieved by this careful art of blending would be impossible to express with the wines of a single year.
KRUG GRANDE CUVÉE IS UNIQUE
- Krug Grande Cuvée is the first and unique Prestige Champagne re-created every year, beyond the notion of vintage.
- The art of blending wines from so many different years gives Krug Grande Cuvée its unique fullness of flavours and aromas, impossible to express with the wines of just a single year.
- The Édition number corresponds to the number of times in the House of Krug the founder’s dream has been re-created. It also serves as a reference for collectors, to enjoy it later.
- The full story of every Édition is revealed online via its Krug iD, the six digits on the back label.
- Krug Grande Cuvée, like all Krug Champagnes, will continue to gain with the passage of time.
- A light golden colour and fine, vivacious bubbles, holding a promise of pleasure.
- Aromas of flowers in bloom, ripe, dried and citrus fruits, as well as marzipan and gingerbread.
- Flavours of hazelnut, nougat, barley sugar, jellied and citrus fruits, almonds, brioche and honey.