We have a tradition of defying convention. It’s how we came to this distinct and bold single malt that is so distinct and bold, it needed its own distinct and bold design. Working with renowned Danish tattoo artist Colin Dale, we created an intricate design inspired by free-flowing Nordic knotwork and the mythical Midgard serpent.
Maturing our oily new make spirit in a combination of ex-bourbon casks and first-fill Rioja wine casks is a first for us. The Rioja wine casks develop a deep richness in the whisky, while the ex-bourbon casks deliver flavours of vanilla and fresh fruit.
The result: sweet vanilla paired with sun-ripened peaches, summer red berries, full-bodied red wine, all overlaid with a light wafting of our iconic heather-rich peat-smoke. We think of it as a Fresh Fruit Flambé.
Flavors: Sweet vanilla | Sun-ripened peaches | Summer berries | Full-bodied red wine | Light peat smoke
- Bronze | World Whiskies Awards | 2020
- Gold | The Scotch Whisky Masters | 2019
- Highly Recommended 93 points | Ultimate Spirits Challenge | 2019
- Gold | San Francisco World Spirits Competition | 2019
- Silver | International Spirits Challenge | 2019