Flor de Caña 130th Anniversary 20 Year Rum
Flor de Caña is rightly recognised as one of the finest rum distilleries in the world.
With this in mind, it would take a spectacular bottling to honour the Nicaraguan distillery. Luckily, Flor de Caña’s Maestro Ronero Tomás Cano has come up with one such bottling.
Aged for no less than 20 years, the rum delivers notes of toasted hazelnut, dark chocolate, caramel, toasted black pepper, pineapple, baked banana with brown sugar, vanilla, mango bark and treacle. A full bodied and slightly drying rum.
Bottled at 45%, the rum Is presented in a crystal bottle, itself within a beautiful display case.
Nutmeg, Jamaican pepper and hazelnut all seem to mix into a nice caramel aroma. An attractive harmony on the nose with alcohol well integrated.
It has an opulent entry, on its way to a viscous palate, dry, full-bodied with a taste of dark chocolate, caramel, toasted nuts and dark spices.
The finish is long and of burnt oak, vanilla and toasted nuts.
Flor de Caña is a global leader in sustainable practices.
Carbon Neutral Certified: All carbon emissions are offset during the entire lifecycle, from field to market.
Fair Trade Certified: Produced in compliance with 300+ labor, social and environmental standards.
- 50,000 trees planted annually since 2005 (certified by Jóvenes Ambientalistas).
- Distilled using 100% Renewable Energy (10+ years).
- CO2 emissions during fermentation are captured and recycled.
- Free education for employee’s children at the company school (since 1913).
- Free healthcare for employee’s families at the company hospital (since 1958).
- Career growth and development programs for all employees.
- #1 donor of APROQUEN since 1991, providing 600,000 free medical services to child burn victims.
- 15+ years supporting American Nicaraguan Foundation to alleviate poverty in Nicaragua.