Booker's 2022-04 "Pinkie's Batch" Bourbon
The fourth release of the Booker’s® Bourbon 2022 Collection is Booker’s Batch 2022-04 “Pinkie’s Batch.” Frederick Booker Noe, better known as Pinkie to his family and friends, was my grandad. To this day I’m actually not sure where Pinkie got his nickname from, but one thing I do know is that he was someone who always followed his passions, just like I do with whiskey making.
- Color: Our darkest and deepest amber and henna color.
- Taste: Deep and complex flavors of vanilla, nuts and oak.
- Aroma: Robust vanilla and caramel notes; slightly smoky.
- Finish: Long and full; perfect for easygoing sipping.
MASTER DISTILLER'S NOTES
This batch is made up of four production dates that were aged in four different warehouses. The breakdown of barrel storage for Booker’s “Pinkie’s Batch” is as follows:
- 47% came from the 3rd floor of 7-story warehouse Z
- 36% came from the 4th floor of 7-story warehouse 1
- 11% came from the 4th floor of 7-story warehouse X
- 6% came from the 5th floor of 7-story warehouse Q
The color of this batch is a rich, golden amber that really shines when you hold it up to the light and admire the glass you’ve poured. The aroma is balanced with brown spice and vanilla notes, which gives you a preview of the taste. When you first sip it, your mouth is filled with Booker’s signature vanilla flavor, and it leaves you with a lingering well-rounded finish. I know my dad and grandad would have enjoyed this batch over a football game, and I’m very proud to name this batch in honor of my granddad, Frederick Booker Noe.