Booker's 2022-03 “Kentucky Tea Batch" Bourbon
The third release of the Booker’s® Bourbon 2022 Collection is Booker’s Batch 2022-03 “Kentucky Tea Batch.” While some may flavor their water with tea leaves, my dad, Booker Noe, loved to flavor his water with bourbon – something he called Kentucky Tea.
- Taste: Butter pecan pie, Toasted graham cracker, Burnt toffee, Pear, Sweet & unique tasting
- Aroma: Pecan, Cedar, Cinnamon stick, Vanilla, Honey, Touch of malt, Bold & spicy
- Finish: Dry oak, Licorice, Leather, Brown sugar, Cinnamon, Lingering leather/cinnamon soiree
MASTER DISTILLER'S NOTES
The batch is made up of six production dates that were aged in six different warehouses. The breakdown of barrel storage for Booker’s “Kentucky Tea Batch” is as follows:
- 2% came from the 3rd floor of 7-story warehouse 5
- 1% came from the 4th floor of 7-story warehouse X
- 1% came from the 4th floor of 9-story warehouse D
- 12% came from the 4th floor of 7-story warehouse 1
- 24% came from the 5th floor of 7-story warehouse Q
- 14% came from the 6th floor of 7-story warehouse Q
- 46% came from the 6th floor of 7-story warehouse Z
This batch was pulled on a hot and humid day in July. The color of this liquid is golden amber, and you embrace the dark, sweet vanilla aroma right away. With just one taste, your mouth is filled with rich and sweet flavors of vanilla. The lingering finish isn’t overpowering, so soon after you’ll want another sip. I made myself a Kentucky Tea with Kentucky Tea Batch, and it brought back memories of my dad sitting at his own kitchen table enjoying his Kentucky Tea with supper.